Followers

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Family Ties

A commission from my niece of their family pets are a surprise for her girls who will begin sharing a room when their new baby brother arrives this spring. We opted for a more colorful background to go with the rooms decor.

Milo 8x10

Here's a glimpse at the process I use. Each step I would check to see if I'm on track. Asking questions for posture and placement on the canvas, background options, fur color then detail. This way I can make the necessary corrections as I go.





 










 
Of course they have a cat too!


Harley 8x10
He's a big cat so I kinda had to squish him to fit on the canvas. I'm sure he knows he's full bodied and wouldn't mind..



 Can't wait to get started on a special piece for the new baby's room. I have til April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...