Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Workshop Efforts

Latest results-11x14
Those that can make it look effortless.

After the workshop in Cedarburg I attempted to complete one of the paintings from my third day.

Trying to go back to the moment from memory and photos is not an easy task. But I owed it to myself and my teacher.





From workshop


I think some things got better and but some of the freshness is gone.


Photo subject matter

The painting site



2nd day of painting
I'm including my attempts from the first two days to remind myself , maybe they weren't so bad. But actually they were. I wiped them clean after the day to at least save the board for another try.















First day of painting




It's hard not to get gimmicky. Harder yet to apply the new things I've learned. I think I have the concept, now it's back to the easel and practice, practice, practice.




I did reward myself with some new tools.


A value view finder helps you analise your efforts. It's fun just to go around looking at things and seeing through different eyes. Even helps selecting a subject matter. I'm sure it will come in handy.





New tool
Here's my painting from 3rd day through the Value Finder.













My other new toy is this a double ended wipe out tool. It's great for lifting off and removing paint or even a brush hair and especially for signing.

I'll have to use with care since I'm inclined to wipe off the whole painting. I hope I'm worthy.

1 comment:

  1. Really impressive Colleen. Your hard work is definitely paying off!

    ReplyDelete

Passing of a Pigeon

Thanks for the Memories 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   For Millions Too Little Too Late.   The extinction of the Passenger Pigeon is h...