Followers

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Facade

Everyone wants that curb appeal. A facade that welcomes and invites guests into your home.

Our house is tucked into the woods and isn't visible from the road. As you come up the driveway the garage is right there and you still need to walk up stairs to get to the front of the house. Or as some would say the back, which faces into the woods.






To create some interest to an otherwise boring retaining wall I was excited to do my second mural, after one section of the wall had to be replaced since it was leaning.

Now this do over was an opportunity to do something different.


Here's my progress as I decide this time to use some of the same colors as before but took my inspiration from the textures of the concrete for terracota tiles and faux wood panels.

 I am trying to grow some moss on the wall to compliment the landscape. I used my native plants of ferns and jack-in-the-pulpit to fill the planters and tied in the subject matter of the tiles with plants and animals found in my yard.


I think it will grow on me and maybe still add a few more touches. I purchased a beautiful native vine from Driftless Area Natives in Trempealeau that will eventually grow over the arbor with beautifl white flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Wise Old Owl

 From skilled predators, to their impressive eyesight and hearing abilities, these avian marvels have been thought to be intelligent creatur...