Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Downtown Paint Around

 A nice opportunity, provided by River City Gallery, Downtown La Crosse and La Crosse Arts Initiative to work on my Plein Air painting skills. A casual event for artists to get out on the streets and into the parks to capture downtown area of La Crosse, Wisconsin. Items are now on display for the next two weeks at River City Gallery on 321 Main St. Then on August 20-21 another Downtown Paint Around. Be sure to enjoy and watch artists create on the spot.

Painting at the Park

Here are the two paintings I accomplished during the first event. The new band shelter has always amazed me, the mix of old and new. I love how the whole trees used in construction compliment the surrounding trees.

Ready for the Music 8x10

Hazy River Daze 8x10


A river scene with more atmosphere than needed. The air quality from distant fires is changing our scenery.

evening reception at River City Gallery, La Crosse
Robin and friends organized a Saturday night reception, all were invited. A great way to meet other artists and those who love art.
Put this on you calendar! Must See
The big Plein Air event in our area is called Between the Bluffs, drawing artists from near and far. After I saw my first demo I was hooked.

Adding to my collection

I don't have a big collection of art but I do collect magnets and couldn't resist this one by Elise Boam of Fatty Catty Polymer Clay Creations. Part of her Jersey Girls series, it comes on a note card for gift giving. The front reads "Take My Advice" inside "I Don't Use It Anyway". I really enjoy her sense of humor.

Be sure to make your way downtown to River City Gallery, right next door to Merinque Bakery and across the street from Grounded Patio Cafe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...