Followers

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Gathering Inspiration

Sometimes a change of scenery is in order. Our first chance to get out of the snow and cold and visit friends and hit the Gulf of Mexico. A chance to draw from new inspiration and colors.

A few of the critters around Grayton Beach State Park where we stayed in a lovely cabin. Just a short walk on a private path and we were at the beach. Every morning a sunrise and taking lots of photos for drawing and painting ideas. Dunes and white sand against the green waves  offered up some different challenges.



Besides watching waves I was inspired by this fellow from Mississippi taking the time to show me some of his fishing skills.
Here's one of my husband too partaking in the local fare.
A rare visit to see friends in Asheville and enjoy the local breweries and chilling out with their dog Bandit.


A few places on the way to draw more inspiration. An aviation Museum in Georgia and the Kentucky Horse Park by Lexington to meet some famous horses.


I missed my drawing group sessions while away, so I made the commitment to continue to draw.

Next up paintings from my trip and a wonderful class opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...