Followers

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Gathering New Techniques

Finally a workshop to attend. I discovered an art shop while at Grayton Beach, FL that offered a style of art I hadn't seen before, 

Shard Art. Yes, broken pieces of glass, bottle remnants, glass beads and novelties, they had bins and jars with hundreds of items to choose from. Sometimes having too many choices can be overwhelming. What a great way to recycle.


One of the workshops offered a template for jellyfish. Of course a popular choice for beach goers and one of my fondest sea creatures I share with my sister. I loved it that I was the only one signed up for an adult only class early on a Monday morning. They are often busy with groups and parties.



They provide great instruction to stay safe and I'm sure there are boxes of band aides behind the counter, fortunately I didn't need any. I made sure to keep my color palette down to a minimum so as to complete my projects in time. So much to choose from, I felt like Coco Channel, add everything then take away all but what is necessary to accessorize. My editing skills still need some work.

You the need to leave the project after placing all your pieces onto a framed board. the staff then fills the back ground with a resin which stabilizes the glass and needs a day to dry.



The Shard Shop at Grayton Beach and in New Orleans. At the shop you can create as they say your own Glassterpiece. Mary Hong owner/artist has her gallery right next door. Her art is beautiful incorporating repurposed glass and painting.  I heard she is know for her bottles of Shardonay.


Merry Christmas to all celebrating this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...