Followers

Friday, May 13, 2022

Feeling lucky!

 I don't know about you but Friday the Thirteenth makes some people nervous. I hope I don't regret this but today is turning out pretty good so far. Will let you know tomorrow if I've jinked it.

This week Drawn Together gathered at the International Gardens by Riverside Park in La Crosse. This was the firs time I brought my pochade box to paint instead of draw. Painting is like drawing but the with brushes and palette knives and what ever else comes in handy like fingers.

I'm glad to be back painting outside or plein air as the french say. 

I just finished this one from Wednesday, doing a few adjustments this morning as I evaluated my efforts and the paint was a little less slippery, as is the case with oils.

Here's my results. Excited to get going on painting the gardens since there is a Paint Around on Fri., June 17 and Sat., June 18 during the International Gardens celebration week. See River City Gallery of La Crosse for more details.

River Birches in the Garden 8x10 oil

Results on site, a little more to finish up

A big happy birthday today to my older sister!


Some past works of Riverside Friendship Gardens

Riverside Gardens 8x10 oil

Mandeville Hot Madness 8x10 oil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...