Followers

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Drawn Together at the Pump House, ends Nov. 5

I've bragged about this group of fellow artists in past blogs and now you can finally see for yourself the wonderful talent they possess. You can even meet them in person at the open house on Friday, October 7th from 5-7. We will gather to celebrate the bond of creating art together.
Together-Bonded by Art 11x14 oil framed

There are 18 that were able to participate, yes there are more! We had the Kader Room available from Sept. 15 through Nov.5 to put together a show. Dividing the space among us our curator Pat G. estimated about 5 feet of space or three pieces. So here's my three. I wanted to share my experience of being part of this group we call Drawn Together. We meet once a week at various places up and down the river from La Crosse. It's always a treasure to see what Marcia T. organizes in our Sunday email for the Wednesday morning drawing time.

Together-Bonded by Art was one of our last outside ventures for 2021. Myrick Park by the La Crosse River Marsh, a very windy and cold morning. We were adamant on trying to get together, determined to enjoy our creative time before winter would limit us. Yes covid was still an issue.

Drawn to Create 8x10 oil framed SOLD

We all see something different to draw and our focus can be unflappable.  I always bring my camera along to capture things I won't have time to draw. Sometimes my attention is drawn to my fellow artists. I don't think they even know I'm photographing them. Julie C. shown in Drawn to Create was the influencing factor for me to join the group in 2018. I was to retire shortly and  would now have the time to connect with my art again. A big Thanks to Julie for introducing me to the group.


Drawn to Think 8x10 oil 

Drawn to Think, Marcia T. here taking in the art at the Minnesota Marine Art Museum. In her weekly email she always has a great quote at the end.

 It's hard to put into words the influence Drawn Together has had on me. I know I'm a better artist and a better person for hanging out with them. By trying to look through their eyes and share their perspective I'm on the right road to growing as an artist.

I hope you have a chance to meet them all. Another thank you to the Pump House and the install team for helping to pull it all together.



 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...