Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Plein Air in the Marsh

Bluff Marsh Patterns 8x10 oil

I've been out to the La Crosse River Marsh in anticipation of participating in La Crosse's Between the Bluffs Plein Air Event. Starting Friday, Sept 9 and running until Saturday September 23. During this time artists are out and about painting in a 15 mile radius around La Crosse.

This will be my first event and I'm going to concentrate on the La Crosse River Marsh. Maybe I'll see you out on the trails. You can see artists up on Grandads Bluff for a quick paint competition on the last Saturday morning. I have yet to decide if I'll have enough energy left for the final event. Yes, painting can be exhausting but also exhilarating. Or watch a demonstration by Bob White, information below.

These paintings shown I have done in the studio, warming myself up. Enjoy and if you have any questions for me cshoreartwork@gmail.com.

Miller Bluff Overlook 8x10 oil

Magic of the Marsh-Cottontail Trail 8x10 oil

 

Here's some information about the plein air event.

 

La Crosse, Wisconsin

 September 9 - September 23, 2022

 Demonstration painting by Bob Witte, Saturday, September 18, 2022, (Watercolor) Location: South end of Goose Island by the boat launch.  All welcome.  Weather plan: will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather.

Open House Show and Sale September 24th, 2022 at Studio Gallery 1311 (Saturday 11am - 4pm; Sunday 12pm - 3pm)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...