Followers

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Painting at Perrot

SOLD
We set aside a couple of days to get our RV HaRVey out camping at Perrot State Park.This gave me the perfect opportunity to transition, to taking my pochade box outside and painting in the true Plein Air style.
I picked the perfect camp site number 43 for it's proximity to the waters edge and full view of the bay and the iconic Trempealeau Mountain, while remaining out of the publics view.

This is the first time setting up in the elements. My new tripod and box worked well against some windy situations and felt pretty comfortable standing. I'm happy to have had some success. It was surprisingly difficult as the light changes so quickly and clouds move along.
Camping Site 43 No. 1 Perrot SOLD

Morning of the Bay-Perrot SOLD
I'll now be ready to get my instruction at the upcoming workshop with a better understanding of the challenges.

You'll probably notice a hair and a bug got into my paintings. I'll have to get creative and incorporate them.

I took lots of photos of the same scenes to refer back to for making corrections and improvements.






It wasn't all work and no play. We tried out the kites we decorated and were pleasantly surprise we didn't have to run to get them air born.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your kites experienced flight! Love the paintings too.

    ReplyDelete

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...