Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Bags are Packed

I'm ready to Go, to my Plein Air workshop in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
Grandparents home in Cedarburg




I feel like I'm returning to my roots since I was born in Cedarburg, spending those first three years of my life in this quaint little town. Cedarburg is now the host to many art events and a go to place for city people wanting to get a glimpse of life in the slow lane.

During the workshop I get to stay with my sister nearby and help her celebrate her birthday.


Apartments, my first home in Cedarburg




I feel ready to take on new instruction and have lots of questions for workshop artist Tom Nachreiner who will also be a judge of the Cedarburg Plein Air event that starts up on the weekend of June 1.








So far I've worked on 36 small paintings, read a couple of recommended books "Carlson's Guide to Landscape Painting" and "Fill Your Oil Painting with Light and Color" and found some great blogs and groups to follow for inspiration and information.

These are my two favorite so far:

1. drawpaintacademy.com Dan Scott the author of this site and blog sends out 2-3 messages a week that are wonderful reviews on subjects like "Rhythm in Art". They are concise and supported by images of masters works that relate to the subject matter. I enjoy starting the day with his blog.

2. Wisconsin Plein Air Painters Associations (WIPAPA) a public group I follow on facebook. They highlight state artists and always have the latest on activities and instruction for Plein Air for those interested. There are lots of one day demos to see or week long workshops.


Entrance Mural My Home

So this week I'm taking a break from my small paintings and picking up a bigger brush.Time to do a little painting around the house.

Half of the retaining wall had to be replaced late last summer. Shown here in it's full glory is my first mural, now I get to have a redo. The plants have since been removed and what remains is the white picket fencing.  I'll be sure to share with you the progress on my efforts.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...