Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Still Lifes

Number 5 Orange 8x10
Number 1 Orange 8x10
A pause from painting, now I'm back with still lifes.

A simple yet elegant subject matter of an object, that doesn't allow for mistakes. There's the multiple shadows, color reflection and trying to make the object round. This is the 5th painting in my challenge.










My first attempt was one single orange. You can really tell the difference from 1 to 5. Sorry for the lighting on this one,  it's a little yellow on the photograph. I wasn't able to re-shoot it in natural light since I already had decided to paint over it.











Number 2 Orange 8x10


Next I decided to mix it up a bit and peel the orange. Pretty brave I thought. I really loosened up and like the brush stroke effects.
















Number 3 Orange 8x10 
Since I bought a whole bag and hadn't eaten too many, I opted for three for the third painting.













Number 4 Orange 8x10 
To really challenge myself I put some in a bowl. I think it was harder coming up with the placement of the oranges than the actual painting.





Orange you glad I chose fruit for paintings 24-29?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...