Followers

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Memorable Moments at Merrick

Moments to Remember- Merrick 8x10

Getting outdoors to paint has been one of my hurdles. 

This time, a scheduled camping trip to Merrick State Park near Fountain City, WI, was ideal. We were able to take in the beautiful backwaters of the Mississippi River. Enjoy some fishing, bicycling and of course painting.

 

I like the moment when I could see the Cardinal flower across the water, I don't think I would have noticed them with a camera shot.

 

 

Merrick Water Access 8x10

 

There is lots of water access in the park. Being on the Wisconsin side the early morning light shines on the island trees while I remain in the shadows. 

 

 

 

 

 

Woodland Pass 8x10

 

Before we left we took one of the hikes through the woods. There are pine trees with the softest needles that glow in the filtered light of the canopy. I tried capturing our lovely walk in my studio, since it was time to leave.

 



 



 

 

Happy to say these are all going home to someone who really enjoys Merrick, even more than we did.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...