Followers

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Beyond the Moment 2021

La Crosse Arts Board continued to fund purchase awards with Beyond the Moment 2021 and I'm beyond excited to have three more pieces chosen in the permanent collection. La Crosse County residents were invited to submit work done since March of 2021. The artwork is on display at the La Crosse County Administration Building on 6th and State Sts. in downtown.

 Artist Statement

"Alley Ways”

As we faced another year of covid limitations in 2021, it was easy , as an artist, to take to the out of doors for inspiration. On nice days I could still gather with the drawing group outside, wear a mask and keep our distance. Arriving early is my typical routine so I could navigate the venue and surroundings and take lots of photos. 

One day having some time to linger in downtown La Crosse I remember how much I loved the old alley ways and historical buildings. I was impacted by how much they appeared the same as when I first discovered them 50 years ago. To realize how much our day to day life can change overnight but the foundations we build are strong and support our ideals. The facade of a temporary situation will be peeled away in time and our true selves revealed.

It’s time to hold on to our past so we know who we are.

 

Brick Alley framed 8x10 oil

Alley Reflections framed 8x10 oil

Alley Secrets framed 8x10 oil


Here's the first one I did for The Moment 2020. A Momento Mori.

Awakening 11x14 oil

 

Follow this blog for the latest information and releases.  For inquiries cshoreartwork@gmail.com

plus sometimes I insta at cshoreartwork

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...