Followers

Monday, August 29, 2022

Play Day aka Art Workshop

 Thanks to Stacey from the Franciscan Spirituality Center for organizing a wonderful workshop. Artists, from across the state, came to learn the process called cold wax with oil. Our instructor artist Rick Ross from Summit Art Studio gave us demonstrations and plenty of new techniques and inspiration to play with.

Photo by Stacey-Franciscan Spirituality Center

A weekend of getting out of the normal routine and expanding skills. Since I wasn't working from a photo or plein air I was a bit out of my element. I think after doing so many landscapes in the past my recall represented tree lines, grassy and water in the foreground.


Cold Wax 1 8x10 oil 

Cold Wax 2 8x10 oil 

Cold Wax 3 8x10 oil 

After a few I tried being a lot more abstract. The cold wax technique lends itself to non subject matters. Even after lots of layers and scraping they still spoke to me as a landscape.


Cold Wax 4 8x10 oil 

Cold Wax 5 8x10 oil 

Cold Wax 6 6x8 oil 

I finally on the second day forced myself to get  away from representation works. Now I have to figure which way is up. Another new set of challenges. Even titling these is more work. 

They are available as is, but as I reflect on the process I may continue to work on them.

Thanks for viewing Colleen Shore. Any question cshoreartwork@gmail.com


Cold Wax 7 8x10 oil 


Cold Wax 8 8x10 oil 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools for Pelicans

Gone Fishing 11x14 oil on cradled panel $275   Fish Advisory Limit 1 Serving per Week.   Recommendations on safe limits for human co...