Followers

Monday, October 16, 2023

Along the Path

 As I continue my journey of being an artist, the bonus benefits are the bonds you make along the way. I planned on attending the plein air workshop in Winona this past Sept. and saw on the list of attendees another artist I had met at my first St. Croix River School of Painting workshop with Kami Mendlik.

I extended an invitation to her for a place to stay during the weekend. I was thrilled she accepted since I'd have a like minded individual to chat with on the half hour rides up and down the river. It was wonderful, we shared stories and strategies and I felt fully immersed in the world I had chosen. It's great finding your people. 

She left me inspired to do better and my walls are graced with one of her paintings. I was gobsmacked at this beautiful gem so I made sure to share it with you. I just love it.


Hidden Falls 6x8 oil framed by Mary Burke Lynch

 

 

 from her webpage MaryBLynch.com

 Mary Lynch - Biography

 About-Mary B Lynch

 Mary Lynch’s passion is painting oil En Plein Air. She took her first painting class in 2005 from Susan Hartzell Vannelli. In 2008 fellow painter Kerin McTeigue O'Connor invited Mary to join JunoAvenueArt, a group of artists supporting each other’s  journey, where she explored many expressive mediums. In 2014 she began to study at St. Croix River School of Painting under Master Painter Kami Mendlik, where the core elements are on the fundamentals of representational painting with an emphasis on color. Mary continues to study them. The painters who inspire Mary are John Singer Sargent (American, 1856-1925), Isaac Levitan (Russian, 1860-1900), Joaquin Sorolla (Spanish, 1863-1923), Charles W. Hawthorne (American, 1872-1930), and Kami Mendlik (American).

 

 

 

Mary turned me on to this book for inspiration-so far very good practical steps. Hopefully this will get me on the path to my next show at Elmaro in May.

 


 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to Learn more about birds?

Don't miss Stan Tekiela’s presentation,  “Bird Nests: Amazingly Ingenious and Intricate” Stan Tekiela, renowned wildlife photographer,...