Followers

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Dazed after Days

 

Pulling from the Bluffs 6x8 oil


Sweet Sugar 6x8 oil

Below the Loaf 6x8 oil


A quick paint just days after a workshop in Winona. Definitely something different about this one compared to what I've been working on. This was a small vignette I saw while arriving in the morning to the Oberton Education Room for day two of the workshop. I'd never seen this view from the museum and had to grab my camera for a reference photo.

 In the two day workshop at the Minnesota Marine Art Museum with Kami Mendlik and Fred Somers, I felt exhausted to weepy and came out the other end hopefully a better artist. It was a journey through learning more how to see and how to feel for me as an artist.

Thanks to the organizers River Arts Alliance, the MMAMuseum and all their connections and passion to bring this Plein Air experience and Artists to Winona. Grateful to Linda Klabo for her pursuit to see art as an integral part of all our lives. 

Image below-Fred Somers lead the workshop introducing me to soft pastels. We started off with leaves and I transitioned to fish. Must have been influenced by the current display "Art for Fish" at MMAM.


After 3 weeks of getting outside and focusing on plein air painting I'm now back in the studio getting ready for my show in Winona at the Blue Heron Cafe. Will post more about this January-March show as I get closer.


Questions cshoreartwork@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to Learn more about birds?

Don't miss Stan Tekiela’s presentation,  “Bird Nests: Amazingly Ingenious and Intricate” Stan Tekiela, renowned wildlife photographer,...