| Fall Marsh Walk 8x10 oil unframed $75 |
In September I ventured out to the La Crosse River Marsh to check out locations for the upcoming Plein Air Between the Bluffs. After a lovely walk along the paths I couldn't help making a few paintings in back in my studio.
Below are my inspirations.
This first weekend in October the plein air festival has begun, so I got up early to catch the morning light. It didn't pan out like I hoped. The best laid plans for plein air are somewhat futile when weather is relied on.
I'd did a small 8x10 (to be revealed later) and got the foundation started for another painting. I thought I'd return and finished it as a sunset but when I came back all the colors were washed out by the strong sun Now I will just have to get up early again another morning to complete my vision. One can only hope.
Today I'm going out to Kinstone to paint during their fall open house. It was one of the first places that I publicly painted and I feel like returning to my roots and enjoy the music and views.
| Marsh Wakeup Call 8x10 oil unframed $75 |
| Marsh Intrusion 8x10 oil unframed $75 |
| Marsh Still Life 8x10 oil unframed $75 |
No comments:
Post a Comment