Followers

Saturday, September 26, 2026

September's Harvest Moon

 September's Harvest Moon didn't disappoint. I decided to try and paint plein air the moon rising over Cedar Creek Golf Course in Onalaska. I made arrangements and got the ok. There were some clouds bu the moon rose above them. When I began to paint the sunset was highlighting some trees as they were turning into their fall colors. I had to do some more work in the studio adjusting colors to what I remembered. You may notice July's Buck Moon was from about the same angle done from a photo.

The next morning I thought I catch the moon setting. This lead me on a trip to La Crosse as I had got up around 4 and it was still high in the sky. My goal had been to also find some interesting nocturne spots. The early morning was a buzz with people. I then realized it was parade day for Oktoberfest. This made for some interesting conversations and capture a few folks sitting along the route that had already started to party. I ended up finding this seen along an alley with highlights from a street light and the moon also was in view.

Only three more months til I'm done with my year of painting the full moon. 

Harvest Moon 8x10 oil unframed $75

Moon Over Cedar Creek 8x10 oil unframed $75

  August 2026 Sturgeon Moon 

  

Sturgeon Moon 8x10 oil SOLD

From family in Tuscon the cottage cheese like clouds parted long enough for a peak at the glowing moon. Thanks Howard.

Clouds over Tuscon 5x7 oil unframed $75

July 2026  Buck Moon 

 

Buck Moon 8x10 oil unframed $75

 

Moon Rings 6x8 oil unframed $50

 June 2026 Strawberry Moon

Strawberry Moon 8x10 oil unframed $75

 May 2026 Flower Moon


Flower Moon 8x10 oil unframed SOLD

Aprils 2026 Pink Moon

Pink Moon 8x10 oil unframed $75

 March 2026 Blood Moon 

Blood Moon 8x10 oil SOLD

 February 2026 Snow Moon

Snow Moon 8x10 oil unframed $75
Drawn to the Light 8x10 oil unframed SOLD

Neighborhood Night Light 8x10 oil unframed $75

 January 2026 Wolf Moon

Wolf Moon Rise 8x10 oil unframed $75

Moon Magnet 8x10 oil unframed $75

Moon Over the Catalinas 8x10 SOLD
Last Super Moon of  2025 -December's Cold Moon
Cold Moon of  December 8x10 oil SOLD


Inquiries cshoreartwork@gmail.com 


























No comments:

Post a Comment

September's Harvest Moon

 September's Harvest Moon didn't disappoint .  I decided to try and paint plein air the moon rising over Cedar Creek Golf Course in ...