Followers

Sunday, February 23, 2020

At Sea-Ship to Shores

Hualtico Bay-8x10
It's a different perspective while on board a nine story tall floating hotel. From wide open skies to decked out levels.




Coming into a Mexican port I found lots of interesting rock formations. Moving water is one of my challenges to conquer. Quick paint stokes seem to be more sucessful than laboring slowly over details.





Swabbed Sporting Deck- 8x10
I then tried for the highlights of water reflections on a recently washed deck. Yes they do swab the decks every day. It's coming along but I know I'm having new difficulties on architectural elements such as railings.

Note to self!



Interrupted Sunrise- 8x10

Star Search on the Sea Deck- 8x10 








I tried to get up early every day to catch the sunrise. Always stunning. This pose I liked because it had some interesting clouds. Most sunrises and/or sunset compositions seem to be more interesting with other formations like land and clouds.











I returned to ship architecture with a try at a nocturnal scene. A lot harder than I anticipated, but I think not so bad for a first attempt.


Unfortunately not much star gazing on ships since the have lights on for our safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cardinals Appear When...

  Messages 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   Cardinals Appear When Angels are Near   Who hasn’t been hopeful after losing a loved o...