Followers

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Cruisin' for Creativity

Just one of  the sunrises
While taking a break from painting, I went on a Cruise through the Panama Canal. During the 16 day voyage I had the opportunity  to take in gorgeous panoramas of seas and sunsets, plus 7 different ports.







Setting Sail on the Sea Deck



 
Guests Soak up the Sun
Inspiration was everywhere and my senses were filled with natures colors, ship sculptures and local textures. I'll be devoting the next couple of blogs to some of my 30 some drawings and discoveries while on board.




Ship Contraptions























Lido Heaven




















I tried to do at least two drawings a day from photos or live scenes. I think the summer drawing group would be proud of my determination.



Here's a few of the objects and scenes you'd see around the ship.






Pool Seating





There were a few other artists I had a chance to meet. They were the ones that would approach me while I was drawing. Most other people would just take a peak over my shoulder.



Martini Bar




























It took awhile but I finally found my favorite spot for drawing. I could draw, eat and catch the sunrise. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see more drawings and details about your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Cardinals Appear When...

  Messages 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   Cardinals Appear When Angels are Near   Who hasn’t been hopeful after losing a loved o...