Followers

Monday, June 15, 2020

Communing in Perrot

State Parks in Wisconsin opened this past week for camping.

We had the opportunity to camp and commune with nature and commune with people. It was a lot of sensory stimulation but welcome after so much time in isolation.

We felt safe and still choose to wear masks while distancing ourselves. I just wish people could have seen me smiling.










The weekend of respite inspired me to draw and paint. Drawing has always been my first love, maybe because it's so easy to do anywhere.













Pen drawings and a little color using markers.























I did pull out the paints, to attempt Plein Aire painting.

I still prefer to work in the studio, I think it's a control issue. Lots of frustration with bugs, wind, glare and random items falling into the paint.








Resting in the Pines 8x10

Out of the three paintings that I attempted this is the only one I didn't destroy.



I brought along a few of my paintings of the area to share with onlookers, playing the part of Resident Artist.



Thanks to campers from Minneapolis, St. Paul, Farmington, Waupun, Kettle Moraine, Baraboo, Oconomowoc, and Upper Pennisula to name a few, for stopping by and your kind words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...