Followers

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Falling for Color

 The greens of summer have given way to the drama of fall. It can be difficult to render all the greens we have in Midwest. Summer rain makes for such a lush valley but after awhile it becomes kinda mundane and the artist in me loves the change of season and the change of color to paint.

Here are some of my latest oil paintings celebrating color. 

From a woodland hike at Pike Lake State Park in the heart of Kettle Moraine.

Woodland Yellows 8x10
To the highway 35 overlook of Lake Onalaska.
Onalaska Overlook 8x10
Just down the street from me a neighbors glorious riot of color that greets me as I return home.
Neighboring Maples 8x10
I fortunately don't have to look far from home to see some beautiful sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Entry for the Refuge Anniversary

Channeling Goose Island 16x20 frame oil $495  I'm answering the call to artists with my painting above. There's a reception on Frida...