Followers

Friday, October 30, 2020

Goose Island Getaway

Not far from the south end of La Crosse, WI, is Goose Island County Park. Set among the back sloughs of the Mississippi where you can lose time and place. I'm finding I don't have to go far from home to find these tranquil spots in nature.

Goose Island Bluffs 8x10
It's been depressing to not be able to venture to the warmer states of the south for the upcoming winter months and escape with the snow birds of Wisconsin. My hopes of painting in National Parks capturing their profound beauty has to be put on hold, in order to beat the Pandemic. It has caused me to review what is around me and try to capture the local beauty. 

Slough Trail 8x10

I think I forgot what a special place we live in. Forgive me for my oversight as I dedicate my focus back on the Driftless Region and all it's loveliness.


Southern Exposure 8x10

It was especially beautiful since the fall colors were at their peak.

Goose Island Backwaters 8x10


Questions or perhaps to purchase one of my original oil paintings, please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Silent Domestic Predation

  Chick Magnet 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   Silent Domestic Predation Silent, because we don’t want to talk about it.  Domestic, ...