Followers

Monday, October 5, 2020

Getting Out There-Kinstone

 

Morning Cup of Sol 8x10
Kinstone located on the top of the bluff near Fountain City, WI celebrated their Fall Open House with music, food, informative talks and a chance for artists to paint onsite this past weekend. They set up a gallery and gift shop for visitors.
 
This modern megalithic site has lots of inspiration to create. Kristine Beck shared some of her photos with me to help me capture some of the uniqueness and creatures that occupy the landscape in these paintings. Others are from past visits I've made and of course my plein air paintings from the weekend.
 
Here's a place to "must visit" when touring the Driftless area. Check it out kinstonecircle.com 
 
 
Cultured Stone framed 8x10

 
Spring Arrives-Kinstone 8x10

Bee Haven 5x7

Two Witnesses 8x10

Amazing Goats framed 8x10

Standing Together framed 8x10

Megalithic Memories framed 8x10

It was a great weekend to meet fellow artists from Minnesota and share experiences. Painting outside was a bit on the cool side on Saturday but I layered and didn't get too cold except the hands and nose. Sunday was wonderful with lots of sunshine and great shadows. I created two plein air works and sold one along with three of my studio works. After painting for about three hours I switched to some drawing. 

It's another milestone in my painting journey as there are now people I don't know and may never have the pleasure of meeting that now own one of my paintings. Hopefully I'll be able to participate again at their May Open House in spring. I took lots of photos to be inspired for the winter.


Chapel 8x10 SOLD


Ridgeview Neighbors 8x10 SOLD







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing of a Pigeon

Thanks for the Memories 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   For Millions Too Little Too Late.   The extinction of the Passenger Pigeon is h...