Followers

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Wings on the Water

Besides painting, I've been anxiously awaiting the many birds who will be returning this spring. Painting animals does pose it's challenges, you want them to be identifiable. Fortunately, unlike pet portraits, they don't have the owners perspective and emotional connection to meet. I think I'm getting the hang of brushing on those feathers. Hope you enjoy these oil paintings on panels from past photos of some of my favorite birds found in our waterways.

Green's My Color 8x10 

This Green Heron I saw on a camping trip to Highland Ridge ACOE campground. She really likes to blend in with her favorite color.

Wading to Return 8x10

The Blue Heron was wintering in Big Bend National Park. One one my favorite fellow campers.

Me and My Gal 8x10
This lovely pair of Sandhill Cranes were waiting for the water to go down at Perrot State Park. Spring thaw had filled up Trempealeau Bay.
On My Way 5x7

 Pelicans a joy to see in the air or on the water. They cause quite a stir with those big feet.

Who Me? 8x10

We know you may hardly recognize this ugly duckling. They have returned to Trempealeau Bay on their way north. The beautiful Trumpeter Swans.

Questions or perhaps to purchase one of my original unframed oil paintings on canvas panels, please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com. Be sure to follow my blog for an April pop up show on my deck when the weather permits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools for Pelicans

Gone Fishing 11x14 oil on cradled panel $275   Fish Advisory Limit 1 Serving per Week.   Recommendations on safe limits for human co...