Followers

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Braving the Winter

Like most of you we didn't go anywhere this winter due to Covid. Hunkering down, trying to stay warm and getting my creative on was about the only thing on my agenda. 

Robins, our harbingers of spring, sometimes hang out in Wisconsin for the winter. Local birding enthusiast Victoria Goetting, captured this Robin with her camera in February. Inspired by her photo and with her blessing I translated it into this painting. 

I appreciate how hard it is to capture images of our feathered friends and thoroughly enjoy the Coulee Region Audubon  Sighting page on facebook.

Chilling 8x10

Since it's been a long winter at home in my studio I find I'll be reaching my 300th painting this spring. This translates to planning a pop up gathering of my artwork. As soon as we have a break in the weather and the snow is gone, I'll be setting up outside on my deck for a safe way to view available paintings. You can get up to date information by following my blog or I also manage a facebook page called CShore (not Colleen Shore) that you can follow where I re-post all my blog information. 

For questions or purchasing my oil paintings please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing.

Looking back it's been a very productive path starting with painting in oils after retiring in Nov. of 2019 and I began blogging my progress two years ago this March. Looking forward to meeting more people through my art and attending some workshops.

 

Note The exhibition of "The Moment 2020" hosted by the city of La Crosse includes my painting "Awakening". This grouping of artists works will be on display beginning March 8 at the La Crosse Public Library on Main Street

 Next week-More Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing of a Pigeon

Thanks for the Memories 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   For Millions Too Little Too Late.   The extinction of the Passenger Pigeon is h...