Followers

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Winter Wonders

Snow offers a lot of subtle color choices when painting. One of the challenges I read other artists were doing was to limit their palettes to just three colors plus white. Forcing you to explore new combinations. So I thought what the hell as things are frozen over. 

I did this series of three from the photos taken the same day at Perrot State Park of Trempealeau Bay.     The resulting effects are quite different and interesting.

Warm Thoughts on a Winter Day 8x10

Here I used Raw Umber, Cadmium Red Light, Yellow Ochre with Unbleached Titanium White. 

Frozen Tropical Reflections 8x10

Choices here included some colors I don't regularly use. Turquoise, Transparent Red Oxide, Ultramarine Blue Deep with Titanium White.

Trempealeau Bay at Rest 8x10

Returning to my regular palette. So I wonder which palette do you find most appealing.

 

Questions or perhaps to purchase one of my original unframed oil paintings on canvas panels, please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Passing of a Pigeon

Thanks for the Memories 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   For Millions Too Little Too Late.   The extinction of the Passenger Pigeon is h...