Followers

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Loosening Up

On my travels back home from the Minnesota Marine Art Museum, I stopped at the Trempealeau Refuge. It's always changing and you never know what you're going to see. The water lilies are ready to burst. That bright spot of yellow was close enough to capture. After my gallery inspiration I tried to become a whole lot looser in my brush strokes

Refuge Lily 5x7

The common butterfly weed was abundant. My mentor commented the first attempt lacked a strong focal point. Here you can see the before and after. I think she was right. Another case of I wanted to paint what I only saw and not be brave enough to make corrections to the composition.
Butterfly Refuge 8x10

before redo

 Another  picturesque view of the country side.

Questions or perhaps to purchase one of my original unframed oil paintings on panels, please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing.

FarmScape 5x7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...