Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Painting it Forward

 Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. The act of just getting together to eat is a cherished event these days as we are still trying to maintain protection from viruses even though we are fully vaccinated. Life can be complicated and we need to compromise.

Reflecting,  I'm thankful for the past years responses to my artwork. It is the one thing I can control and share. So I gifted this painting to Woody's caregivers.

Woody Cat Napping 8x10 oil

I was inspired by their photo and right away saw it as a painting. In a style as of tribute to Gustav Klimt, I enjoyed the abstract nature of the fabric and the curve of the cat. Sometimes you just have to paint.

It's been a wonderful year as I got myself out of the studio with my paintings and into galleries and businesses to display my art. After so many home shows, I knew to reach more collectors and art enthusiasts, I needed to open new doors.

The local reception and opportunities in the area have been very welcoming and encouraging. Even though I had to start investing in framing, which increases prices, sales of my artwork have gone well and I'm happy to share the profits with gallery owners and area businesses. 

A big Thank You to River City Gallery, La Crosse Society of Arts and Crafts, Pump House Regional Arts Center, Elamro Winery and Vineyard, Perrot State Park, Grounded Patio Cafe, Larson's General, Turtlestack Brewery, Heritage Center, La Crosse County Historical Society, Myrick Park Center, WisCorps,  and Friends of the La Crosse River Marsh for their support of the arts. Also big shout out to to the media, La Crosse Tribune, Driftless Magazine, Coulee Region Women's and La Crosse Local for their coverage of the arts. 

And most importantly those patrons and collectors of art who are now enjoying my paintings.

Here's a few of my patrons who shared photos of the artwork they've acquired. I enjoy seeing how they display and frame. Thanks again have a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.

Proud to have my paintings displayed with other McGilvray Trail artwork.

Another great way to display art on a shelf. 

As always for a private showing or questions please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pools for Pelicans

Gone Fishing 11x14 oil on cradled panel $275   Fish Advisory Limit 1 Serving per Week.   Recommendations on safe limits for human co...