Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Spring Cresting in the Refuge

 I've been trying to check on the progress of spring at the Trempealeau Wildlife Refuge to complete my series of paintings "Refuge Reflections" for Elmaro's display in June. I happened out there this past weekend and found the main road closed due to the Trempealeau River reaching over it's banks. Even though this stopped my progress, I found inspiration in seasonal flooding. Sometimes you just have to look past the barriers and see what nature has to offer.

Here's my painting results just off the easel.

A River Runs Over 8x10 oil

A few more from past years spring photos. I can't wait for those fresh bright greens to emerge. With this warm weather and a little more rain everything is going to pop.
A Path to Spring Green 8x10 oil and wax

Greening of the Prairie 8x10 oil and wax


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feathered Friends not Fashion Accessories

  Do These Feathers Make Me Look Fat? 11x14 cradled panel $275   Fate of Feather Fashionistas Fashion trends in ladies hats and apparel was ...