Followers

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

In the Meantime

When the Blues Make You Smile 8x10 oil

Just because I'm already to hang my show Refuge Reflections at Elmaro on Wednesday for the whole month of June, I can't seem to stop being inspired to paint it. 

After a meeting to assist in planning Artists in the Refuge plein air event for this coming Saturday, June 3, I was caught by surprise by a field of Lupine in it's glory.

A must to paint since my camera just didn't do it justice. There was so many more blues than even the eye could take in.

Another visit to River City Gallery in La Crosse to drop off a couple of paintings for their June feature wall and I fell in love with a little bird painting and had to have it.

Then I went home and remembered I had purchased on a whim some small block panels, just because. They now found their purpose to portray some sweet favorite flowers. 

I left the raw wood edge on these 4x6 painting panels. Hopefully they will be dry enough to bring with me on Sunday's Street Market at the Winery. 


Lupine Blues 4x6 oil

Maple's Sweet Blooms 4x6 oil

Smokey Plumes 4x6 oil


Questions cshoreartwork@gmail.com


Details on upcoming events




No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to Learn more about birds?

Don't miss Stan Tekiela’s presentation,  “Bird Nests: Amazingly Ingenious and Intricate” Stan Tekiela, renowned wildlife photographer,...