Followers

Friday, June 2, 2023

Prepping for Plein Air at the Refuge


Pine Creek Trail 8x10 oil


 Saturday, June 3 I'll be joining other artists in the Trempealeau Refuge to paint along the Pine Creek Trail. This painting done in the studio was my first attempt to capture this view. Tomorrow I'll be painting plein air. You may wonder why artists challenge themselves to paint onsite outdoors.

Stop by and see for yourself. Every day, every hour the view can change with the light. Different shadows develop, changing colors as the sun goes behind the clouds and the wind may make ripples in the water changing the reflections. 

The artist is trying to capture something fleeting. Even a camera can't pick up what the eye can see. I'll be bringing this painting along so you can see the difference and maybe some more that express how wonderful I think the refuge is.

Thanks to the Friends of Trempealeau Refuge for organizing this event.

Afterwards I'll be heading over to Elmaro Winery to finish off a perfect morning having the chance to create and share my new display in the Crush Pad called Refuge Reflections.

The Details-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...