Followers

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Elmaro in the Crush Pad for the month of June

 Refuge Reflections-of the Seasons

After being invited back to Elmaro Vineyard and Winery to display in June of 2023, I got to thinking what my focus would be. I've grown artistically into being able to feature larger collections of paintings that represent a theme. This is a more cohesive way of taking the viewer along a journey with me. .

I chose the Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge as my muse. Every season she takes us into another color palette and new textures. Each time I had a chance to visit I would try a new path to the Trempealeau Bottoms or revisit Pine Creek Dike to see the changes.

I had many photos from past visits to work with as I had been employed at Perrot State Park for six years and it was easy to start or end my day at the Refuge.

So let me take you on the seasonal changes of the Refuge and reflect on the land.

 Spring

Notes from the Artist-My favorite green. The brightness of spring greens of the new foliage appears. There is still the starkness of winter but the colors of blue have changed and colors begin to pop. The sky turns stormy more often and who doesn't love a spring rain to wash away the winter blues.


Spring Has Arrived in the Refuge 11x14 oil framed $350

 

On the Way to Spring Series of  3-8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150 each

 

Grasses along the Path 8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150

Pond Reflections 8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150


Spring on it's Way 8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150



Thaw on the Refuge 1 8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150


Summer

Notes from the Artist-The lush greens in Wisconsin are a challenge against the variety of sky and water blues. I can almost hear the hum of mosquitos.

Soaking Up the Vista in the Refuge 11x14 oil framed SOLD

Summer's Solace in the Refuge series of 3 8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150 each


Lotus on the Pond 8x10 oil framed $150

8x10 oil  & cold wax framed $150

Pads on the Pond 8x10 oil framed Sold

Fall 

 Notes from the Artist- Probably my favorite time of year to get outside. Crisp air and no bugs. The color changes and textures are also the most impressive. Grasses are just fun to do, they really loosen up my paintings. Here's where I was excited to begin using cold wax with my oil paints. You can get so much more texture out of the subject matter.

River Bottom Pathway 11x14 oil framed $350
Prairie's Edge in the Refuge Series of 3- 8x10 framed oil & cold wax framed $150 each

Bottomland Grasses of the Refuge 8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150
Refuge Reflections 8x10 oil & cold wax framed $150
 
Bottom Land Vista 11x14 oil & cold wax framed $350

Winter

Notes from Artists- I never expected winter to be so much fun to paint. The snow has such a sculptural quality and the shadows in winter take on a whole new color.

Winter Waters through the Refuge 11x14 oil framed $350

Winter's Barren Beauty in the Refuge Series of 3- 8x10 oil and cold wax framed $150 each

Grasses Emerge 8x10 oil & cold wax framed Sold


Trempealeau Tree 8x10 oil framed $150


Chillin' at Elmaro 8x10 oil framed $150

Notes from the Artist- I couldn't help but include this last painting again. It reminds me of all the visits to the Trempealeau Refuge and then being able to relax and reflect at Elmaro.



Thank you for viewing. They are even better in person so I hope you get to visit during the month of June in the Crush Pad.  Questions cshoreartwork@gmail.com
    








No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...