Followers

Monday, June 19, 2023

Food for Thought

 On a cold December morning in 2022, I drove through Houska Park in
the city of La Crosse to find the homeless shelters still steadfast
against the winters slush and sleet. Wondering who, what , where and
why life's journey leaves some people in these situations. Unbearable
to imagine for me, I turned to my art to try and describe what I was
feeling. I love to camp but wouldn't want it to be a must for my
survival. After sharing the painting with the community through
social media, it raised voices of compassion and some of disdain. It
was as hard to hear the noise as much as to visualize the conditions.
We seem to create their story for them from our own experiences.
 

What's yours?

cshoreartwork@gmail.com

Slide to Unsheltered 11x14 oil framed $350
 


 

 

 Food for Thought-Summer Show

at L.E. Phillips Memorial Library in Eau Claire, WI

Group Invitational Exhibit,  "Slide to Unsheltered" oil by CShore

June 12-August 22, 2023

 

 

Thanks David A. for inspiring me to do this painting-Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...