Followers

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Seashells for CShore

 

Happy Birthday to Me!

I don’t mind finding my own presents. Art can be such a personal connection and when I see something I like I just gotta go for it.

On the Winona Art Walk in November, I saw Cathy Richardson Glass would have her new studio opened in the old Winona Knitting Mills.  I had only known of her, through birding groups on line, for posting her outstanding bird photographs.  Knowing the patience it takes to wait for those moments of capturing birds out in nature I could only imagine the focus she’d have for creating  her art. I saw on facebook she has been a renown glass artist since the 1980’s.

To see in person her work featuring all sorts of techniques from lampwork and engraving to cameo pieces was a real treat in addition to meeting her and her husband in person.

Pictured is one of my new treasures that are some of her past works, you’ll have to see for yourself the new glass pieces. Check out Cathy Richardson Glass  page on facebook

 

Excerpt from Winona Art Walk information.

She says-"My work is inspired by nature. I create glass environments that contain sea creatures, desert plants and animals, woodland and marsh environments, and assemblages of flowers, berries and fruit. I try to entice the viewer into my work so they see the many tiny flora and fauna that change as you turn the piece around in your hands."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eviction Notice for some

  Eviction Notice 11x14 oil cradled panel $275     Knock, Knock, Who's There? As cavity nesters,  woodpecker rely on standing dead t...