Followers

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Preparing to Plein Air

 I have plenty of opportunities to paint outside now and thought I'd give my pochade box a good cleaning. You know spiff it up a bit, clean off the build up of paint so it looks pretty.

My sister gave me a big wow after seeing a photo of the box and wasn't impressed by my focus on painting and not cleaning up. It's hard to be a clean painter, at least for me. I thought it looked great, since it showed to me the years of toiling over my artwork. I know other artists will understand.

Sad to say the cleaning process took it's toll on the joints and sliding mechanism. I think it's time for some new gear after painting 900 plus paintings, it served me well. I can still use it in the studio, but one size must fit all,l since I can't  move the easel clamps. 

 

So if you see me out and about say what a beautiful set up I have, cause it won't take long til this pretty pochade box is disguised in paint. 


Making it's debut at Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge, Sat. Jun1 for Artists Along the Trail.

On Sunday's for the month of June I'll be at Elmaro painting during street market.


See posters for more information or contact cshoreartwork@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Up -Feathered Friends & More at The Nature Center in La Crosse

 Looking forward to having another display of my original oil paintings at The Nature Place in La Crosse. From October through December 2024...