Followers

Thursday, October 10, 2024

See how it's done-Plein Air Painting



I've been plein air painting around downtown La Crosse. Met a lot of people interested in what I was doing. Here's one of my paintings I was working on. Maybe a bit more to do. Will see if this is one of the three I'll be entering in next week for Friday, October 18 Show Opening and Award night. All are welcome from 6-9 at 1802 Gallery in the lower level of the gallery at 1802 State Street across from UW-L

 

This is along the Riverside Park my 9am stop to paint

 

 This Saturday Between the Bluffs Plein Air Event has organized artists to demonstration their talents of plein air painting. Some will be using oils, watercolor and maybe a few surprises.

The public is welcome to come and watch and discover for themselves the different process artist use to capture the view in front of them. It's challenging because conditions like light, shadow and color can change in a moment. So many artist strive to be fast and decisive in their efforts.

I'm excited and will be watching the demonstrations also, since there's always more to learn. Hope you'll stop down to Myrick Park near the The Nature Place fro 9am-Noon. Then I'll set up to paint in the marsh

While you're there you can also check out my show Feathered Friends & More in the Nature Place gallery in the La Crosse Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which Three will it Be? See the results, shown as framed

After painting all week long it's time to decide which three it will be.? I can enter just three of my plein air paintings for the Betwe...