Followers

Monday, October 14, 2024

Which Three will it Be? See the results, shown as framed

After painting all week long it's time to decide which three it will be.? I can enter just three of my plein air paintings for the Between the Bluffs Event. 

On Friday, October 18, is the opening reception and awards from 6-9 at 1802 Gallery on 1802 State Street across from UW-L campus. All are welcome to enjoy over 100 plein air paintings done by artists depicting areas within 15 mile of La Crosse's downtown.



Red Vines at the Pines 11x14 oil framed $350

One of my favorite places Red Pines Restaurant. The colors were just starting to pop. Thanks again Corrina for allowing me to paint at your fine establishment on Brice Prairie..




Retired Wheels 11x14 oil framed oil $350

This may not look familiar but as an artist we look on the other side of everything. Do you recognize the old barrels from Christina's Winery next to the Freighthouse Restaurant. They've got this enclosed outdoor patio just behind the walls. Had to get there by 8am so there would be light on this side of the building. Thank you Freighthouse for putting up with me.
 

Forgotten Fields 11x14 oil

 Between the Bluffs arranged a paint out, so I met up with fellow artists at a property thanks to ORA. This old dairy farm had many interesting buildings and views. The weather has begun to change and it was a blustery day. Nothing too bad that a margarita couldn't fix.

 

Hard at Work 11x14 oil

 One of the categories for an award is the Valerie Wenzel Burman Figure in the Landscape. Here you can see people taking advantage of an early morning coffee on patio tables at the end of Pearl Street. I set up next to Kroner's to capture the 10am shadows cast across the sidewalks. Can you see the other figure, it's me. Kroners Hardware was very accommodating, to not mind me hanging out in front of their building.


                                                      Watching the Water 11x14 oil framed $350

 My last painting of the downtown urban scenes was this little water gauge house along the Mississippi River in Riverside Park I was hoping for a little more color in the foliage, but happy I came out to this place. The sun was shinning for a few days at 9am. 


Thanks again to the event sponsors and all the kind people that stopped to see what I was doing. Hope to see you there. After I decide which three, I'll need to frame and get them turned in on Thursday.


Colleen

















Watching the Water 11x14 oil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Which Three will it Be? See the results, shown as framed

After painting all week long it's time to decide which three it will be.? I can enter just three of my plein air paintings for the Betwe...