Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Blooming Hard


At first I thought painting some blooms would be my cup of tea, since I'd painted plenty in the past. But with this new style and medium, I was challenged.


I really need to loosen up and let the paint do it's job. I seem to be trying to incorporate what I learned with acrylic paints and it's not working.


The milkweed pods is my best of the bunch.









Fairy Bells 8x10
I hope I'm not getting too gimicky and hope to not get any bad habits while I practice. Here 4 of the 5 paintings I did this week getting me to 23 paintings to date.


After painting this one I really wasn't happy with the outcome but tried to salvage it by removing the excess paint and came up with an interesting fuzzy effect. The jury is still out with this one.










I had to try some daffodils from a past photo. Next week when mine are in bloom I'll be able to apply the Plein Air approach and will compare.

White Narcissus 8x10 





Good news to share. I am signed up for my first Plein Air Workshop with American Impressionist Artist Tom Nachreiner. This will be at the end of May right before Cedarburg, WI Plein Air event. So I'll be sure to check out the talented artists involved. Very excited to be able to get a jump on technique.

2 comments:

  1. You've got a mission. BTW the removal created a bit of Monet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got some links figured out if you want to follow in different ways. Thanks I love the comments.

    ReplyDelete

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...