Followers

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Pen Names

Nom du Plume, Chop, Signature, we leave our mark on our accomplishments, such as artwork and for history's sake.

















On some of my past artwork I've used :

Colleen Burke
Colleen Burke-Shore
Colleen Shore
and most recently just CShore
this creates it's own time line corresponding to when the artwork was created.

I think as we grow and age things get a little more abbreviated and less complicated.













Taking a break from painting, I went back to a collection of drawings that have inspired me. Some are from the weekly drawing group when we met at Halfway Creek Cemetery, Del's Bar and the International Gardens in La Crosse.











Others just places included are when I've had my sketchbook along while I wait. You never know what you might see to draw.







This grouping I used black pen. It's not as forgiving or subtle as pencil but it offers a greater intensity to the lines.
















Plus since I can't erase any lines, I need to be able to live with them. Just one of life's lessons I guess.

Here I began with some waiting room chairs. Then a man sits down. He kinda becomes a ghostly part of the drawing, since I didn't have the heart to ask him to move.

A new friend Kadoe, the therapy dog.







By the way I also have gone by the name Lena from Onalaska and another blogger name Hannah Dove.

You can just call me Colleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...