Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Four More

8x10
A little bit of this and that.

Working from family favorites in East Saguaro National Park.











8x10
To the Rio Grande in Las Cruces, New Mexico

8x10
I gave a bird a try too. Liking the looseness of the background and the brush strokes for feathers was fun.

This certainly would be difficult as Plein Air since birds don't pose well. I caught this on my camera during a visit to the International Gardens in La Crosse.
Went back to try a flower painting. Still not as easy as I'd hoped. I think the photo is better than the real thing. Just finished painting and the photo picks up the glare of the wet paint.




Mandevilla Hot Madness 8x10
So I think my landscapes have improved greatly but need to broaden my subject matter to still lives and florals.


Need to work on the brightness of colors like the hot pink of the mandevilla and the intense red of cardinals.


With 66 paintings only 34 more to go. Maybe by the end of September I'll reach my first goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Here!

 The Humming birds and my show Feather Friends at Elmaro. Hope you can make my opening reception Sunday, May 5 from 1-4   Color of Red ...