Followers

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Four more in a Row

One of my other commissions, was to do four of the same image.




Inspired by my trip to the Apostle Islands, I did a painting of the sea caves on Devil's Island. As it happens, a friend had also recently kayaked with three others out to this remote point on Lake Superior.







After she saw my paintings of Devil's Island, and after personally seeing how incredible the wind and water carved rocks are, she wanted one of her own.


Well at first she wanted a painting of the adventure for herself, then she thought about it and asked me about painting four of her favorite photo, so she could give the other three adventurers a memento of their journey.


This was definitely a new challenge for me.


Probably not one that I would soon repeat. Repetition is the key word. While I had certain colors mixed, I would work from one area of a painting to the same area on the next.


Over and over again. Then I went back into each one to make it it's own.


One of the more difficult areas was the kayaker. It was a must to include it, since it gave the whole painting it's scale.




Hope you can appreciate the variances in each painting and the challenges it posed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...