Followers

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

To Draw or Paint-that is the Question

Prairie Abode 8x10
Creating art just got a little better since the group I draw with resumed gathering for the time being. With all pandemic precautions in place, a couple of hours drawing outdoors was the best medicine.


As I pursue oil painting I took inspiration from our drawing sites to compose at least one finished painting.

I think I'm still stronger at drawing and know I'm faster and enjoy getting something on paper quickly so I can move on to the next subject matter. Hopefully this will translate to my painting sooner than later.







We had the opportunity to visit two different properties in July. Homes of other artist's friends, that didn't mind a bunch of artists traipsing around examining and photographing their yards.



The one in the town of Onalaska had some great added color to the garden, with garden art of her own, creating lots of bright vinyets.










Lilies 5x7
Another garden in La Crosse had an amazing collection of day lilies in bloom and it was perfect timing to see them in all their glory.

It was hard to even focus on just one since they are all so lovely.

A guided tour and lily lessons were much appreciated as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to Crow About

Thanks for the warm reception at Elmaro. My show will be up until May 28.  Selfie Awareness 11x14 oil cradled panel SOLD Something to Cro...