Followers

Sunday, May 9, 2021

Bird Day

This week many are celebrating WORLD  Migratory Bird Day. We are lucky enough to be in the Mississippi flyway which brings lots of birds through the area. I've been able to expand my repertoire of oil painting birds due to the generosity of birders who shared their awesome photos. I can't come close to the detail they capture nor do I have the patience and experience they possess.

I follow two local blogs, Coulee Region Audubon Society and the Winona Bird Club. I was so awestruck I finally got the courage to request permission to use some of the images and lucky enough have some say yes. I know there are professional photographers that post and respect their rights to publish as they see fit. I don't always know who I may be asking so if something catches my eye I will at least ask. Thanks again for those who can share and for all that post their photos to inspire. 

Colleen

These first two paintings of the Cedar Wax Wing and the Blue Jay are thanks to Jed Fritsch, a fellow on facebook and sister to a former coworker.

Just One More 8x10

Who You Lookin' At? 8x10

A new bird that I haven't personally seen, but lots of birders from the Winona Bird Club have followed, a juvenile Black Crowned Night Heron. Thanks to Cathy Richardson and that mighty big camera.

Night Stalker 8x10

This sweet female cardinal is thanks again to Victoria Goetting of the Coulee Region Audubon Society. I did a robin of hers this spring. She really knows how to capture a great pose.

Proud Momma 8x10

I fell in love with this little guy a Palm Warbler. I've never been good at identifying the vast number of them that come through each spring. Thanks again to Bruce Bartel of the Coulee Region Audubon Society for his expertise and dedication to photography.

Palm Springs 8x10

A big tweet of thanks for helping me continue to further my development as an artist.

Questions or perhaps to purchase one of my original unframed oil paintings on panels, please contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cardinals Appear When...

  Messages 11x14 oil cradled panel $275   Cardinals Appear When Angels are Near   Who hasn’t been hopeful after losing a loved o...