Followers

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Giving Tuesday

It pays to give back, in more ways than can be expected. Since painting in oils for the last 3 years, I've met a lot of new people. Some only for a brief moment, but the experience stays with me as I fondly remember past paintings and where they are now. 

Just dropped off this painting for my donation to Art Dash fund raiser for the Franciscan Spirituality Center.  On March 24, 2022 you can get your tickets now and join local artists and patrons for a night of food, fun and fine art in the Cargill Room at the Waterfront Restaurant. It's not your regular art auction, each ticket will have the chance of taking home a piece of fine art.

www.FSCenter.org/artdash for all the details.

Whooping Crane 1 8x10 oil in gold wood frame

Where in the world can you see every crane in one day?

International Crane Foundation in Baraboo, Wisconsin. This wonder has reopened. While camping near by at Mirror Lake this past August, it was on my list of places to visit again, this time to take photos that would inspire me to paint.

I loved trying to capture their graceful nature and made use of some new gold paint to embellish. I could have watched the cranes all day. So elegant in their movements and purposeful poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...