Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2021

In Between

Going straight from commissions to a display at River City Gallery gave me little time to reflect on where I'm going with my art. So what does one do? Clean my studio. 

I can now see the floor and my couch!

There's space to create and I can open the door all the way!

It's a cleansing practice that reminds me of the things I have, those I no longer need and what can I share. Here's a few glimpses before the clutter recollects. 

I was happy to give away some items to fellow artists in the drawing group who can creatively put them to use. A perfect up-cycle. This reminded me I haven't documented my drawing efforts lately so it's a good time to catch up on my blog. Thanks to those who help arranged to get us into unusual places to draw.

Valley View Mall

Minnesota Marine Art Museum

Pumpkin Patch in Cashton

Fruit Acres Orchards

Goose Island

Grounded Cafe

Copeland Park Boat Houses

Grandads Bluff

Sail Boat Club

All Abilities Play Ground La Crosse

Most are done with color markers and pen. I just love to color. Speaking of color, don't miss the movie "The Electrical Life of  Louis Wain". An artist from Europe who loved to paint cats.You'll probably recognize some of his depictions of cats. They were used in reference to schizophrenia patients creative process. Although many now dispute his diagnosis and think he was just on the spectrum.

Now to make the best of my time at River City Gallery. My display is on the wall hosted by La Crosse Society of Arts and Crafts til the end of November. I really enjoyed the open house the gallery sponsored on First Fridays in downtown La Crosse. I'll be participating again this Saturday with a oil painting demo from 11-1, then I'll be attending the Tile Painting workshop by Cindy Stuhr for their Holiday Open House. Hope to see you there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...