Followers

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Holiday Open House Demo

Here's Saturdays Holiday Open House at River City Gallery, demo painting. I joined other artists for a morning of demonstrating what I love to do, Paint!

Trempealeau Refuge Tree 8x10
I started a few days before, toning my canvas and laying in the dark and lights. This would speed up the process since I was only going to paint from 11-1. 

I usually paint in my studio from the photo displayed on my computer screen. So I needed to have a color copy printed at the local office store. Thanks to a very nice associate that was patient with artists many needs.

Since I had some time this week  I made another companion piece from my stop at Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge this fall. The colors were really that rich.

Trempealeau Mountains 8x10

These two paintings still need to be treated and dry some more. You can still see the rest of my paintings at River City Gallery in La Crosse. The last full day for viewing is Saturday, November 27 from10-4. My display comes down early Tuesday, Nov. 30. The gallery is closed on Sunday and Mondays. Hope you can make it and have a Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...