Followers

Monday, November 22, 2021

Reflecting

In honor of November being National Native American Heritage Month. 

I wanted to post two of my recent paintings inspired after I had attended a presentation at Perrot State Park late this summer lead by Elliot Funmaker of the Ho-Chunk Nation. He did a Blessing of the Drum Ceremony, then his wife and granddaughter demonstrated some of the dances.  I hope I have portrayed them with the utmost respect and appreciation of the Ho-Chunk Nations contributions and sacrifices.

Fancy Dance 1 Ho-Chunk Regalia 11x14 oil

Fancy Dance 2 Ho-Chunk Regalia 11x14 oil

Still needing a little more time to dry, but I was excited to share.  


Contact me at cshoreartwork@gmail.com for inquiries or questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now Appearing at Elmaro

Feathered Friends,  original oils by Colleen Shore May 1 through May 28, 2024 Elmaro Vineyard and Winery  in Trempealeau Wisconsin To honor ...