Followers

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Hixon Garden Roses

Sunday's La Crosse Folk Life was a great day to paint in the gardens. The trellis of roses was my subject matter to paint plein air. 

Hixon Garden Roses 8x10 oil 

I did a few more additions in the studio. The painting was a bit wet and wouldn't take the highlights of white on the trellis plus I couldn't come up with the fuchsia colored roses with the paint I had on hand. So it goes, a little more work on the canvas in the studio making some adjustments. But here it is now.

Thanks to the staff and volunteers of La Crosse County Historical Society and Hixon House. I enjoyed interacting with the participants and other demonstrators.


At the beginning blocking in the shapes

As far as I got onsite


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Entry for the Refuge Anniversary

Channeling Goose Island 16x20 frame oil $495  I'm answering the call to artists with my painting above. There's a reception on Frida...